New York - Downtown [Chapter 3]


Day 4 Saturday 


Last day of my visit, and I had some important attractions to visit in the downtown New York.

Do not keep such attractions for the weekends. It can get quite crowded causing long queues and inconvenience. I had a friend to show me around who had to cancel at last minute and so I was stuck with these attractions on last day.

I started my day early, board the subway and heading to Brooklyn. First visit to the Brooklyn bridge park. I wanted to climb the Brooklyn bridge from the Brooklyn side as it gives amazing views of the downtown New York. . 
I walked back from the park and took a right on the Prospect street to climb the brooklyn bridge. 





When you reach the downtown New York, continue walking towards the 9/11 Memorial. In this same space you can see multiple attractions - One World Trade Center and its observatory, 9/11 Memorial fountains and Museum, and also the Oculus building. You can spend hours here and learn more about the history.






I then started walking down towards Staten Island Ferry. On my way I stopped by quickly to see the wall street, NYSE, and the famous charging bull. There was a long queue of people wanting to take photos with the bull. Benefits of roaming solo, I quickly took a snap and was on my way in minutes. 




I took a paid ferry from the Staten Island. There is a free ferry that goes to Staten Island. However the ferry does not stop near the Statue of Liberty. It goes by more than a quarter mile away from the statue to the Staten Island. 

The paid ferry actually stops at the Statue of Liberty. I missed the 3:30pm ferry and had to wait for next ferry to come by 5pm. This was the most tiring and quite unfortunate moment. Although the pics came out well, I spent hours just to get onboard the ferry. By the time we reached the Statue sun had already set. Its the only moment I regretted not having a DSLR to get much awesome photos of the statue. Nevertheless, its an amazing monument and looks fascinating up close. 



Stay away from seamsters who may ask for more money to take you around. Take calculated risks and spend only where necessary. I found a USD 10 car ride back to Timesquare, which seemed reasonable considering it was late and I was tired of the whole day journey. 


Back at the hotel there are many more adventures I wish I could do in this trip like shopping, clubbing, helicopter ride and even visiting other boroughs. Nevertheless, I would definitely love to come back to NYC and enjoy this beautiful city. It has lots to offer in form of love, fashion, weather, and dreams! Truly a city that never sleeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do give you feedback, suggestions, comments of what you think of this blog